Sunday, August 11, 2013

Indian Ad Films

I often stumble across poorly directed ad films, especially while watching my favorite programmes.And although these 'commercials' are for already acclaimed brands and hugely popular products sometimes,I strongly believe they are stupid,only because they are meant to be.The director could have easily been logical, but who wants that?

I know we all remember the epic 'Dhara-Jalebi' ad or most of the old Nirma ads.But what about the ones that made boo-boo. Just because they weren't good enough,you'll forget them, eh?

I am here for the upliftment of the poorest of ad films in our market.I'll revive the long forgotten,funny-in-their-own-way ads and hoist them on every wall I can lay my hands on.You can run away from us now,but we will hump you eventually.   


Nevertheless, I enjoy a funny ad film,just as much as I enjoy an unintentionally humorous hindi movie.For more on that,I recommend you read this,if you are not already a fan thevigilidiot.com

Here’s one of my favorites-

I'm sure you've noticed the hero 5 year warranty ad- 'mile jyada se bhi more', where the owner insists on 'ek aur nariyal'. I just love the funky-dude-look-guy who dances in his funky-dude-style,with his fingers pointing in random directions and his out of place goatee.Its like a Metallica fan enjoying a Sadhna sargam concert.Man,I just love him! He’s so good,all goodness suffers in comparison!!



No comments:

Post a Comment